Links mentioned in this podcast
Upcoming library programs
Learn about software that you can download and use for free, including software that can stand in for Microsoft Office or Adobe Photoshop. Registration open now!
Teen Tech Week, March 9-14
All programs, except the Retro Techno Fair, take place in Studio 300. All programs, except Teen Geek Out and Retro Techno Fair require advance registration. Click the links to be taken to the registration pages.
- Scratch Game Design, Monday, March 9 – Use Scratch to design your own computer game. Registration begins February 16.
- Raspberry Pi, Tuesday, March 10 – Learn basic computer programming using a Raspberry Pi. Registration begins February 17.
- Light Painting, Wednesday, March 11 – Try your hand at Light Painting where you use light and camera equipment to “paint” a photo that resembles a hand-drawn sketch. Registration begins February 18.
- Lego Storytelling, Thursday, March 12 – Create your own comic using LEGO® blocks, camera equipment, and the computer program Comic Life. Registration begins February 19.
- Teen Geek Out @ Studio 300, Friday, March 13, 3-5:30 p.m., grades 6-12 only – Teens are taking over Studio 300! Drop-in to try out the computers, video and sound recording equipment, and more.
- Please note: Studio 300 will only be open to teens in grades 6 through 12 during this time.
- Retro Techno Fair, Saturday, March 14, 2-4 p.m., all ages – Experience technology from days past and see how far we’ve come. The fair looks back at old(er) technology — phones, computers, video games, slides, LPs, and so much more. Join us for this all ages trip down memory lane.
Have an older computer lying around? Need a speed boost? This workshop will give you the info you will need to upgrade your old PC to make it seem like new again! Registration begins February 17.