Tech mentioned in this podcast:
- Barnes & Noble Nook
- Android – Samsung, Asus Nexus
- Apple iOS – iPad, iPhone, iPod
- Microsoft Windows Surface Tablet
- Amazon Kindle – This link takes you to the general Amazon site. You can click on the Fire & Kindle link under the search box on the Amazon.com page.
- Kobo e-readers
- Fountaindale Public Library App – Google Play Store & Apple App Store
- Overdrive Media Console – Google Play Store & Apple App Store
- 3M Cloud Library – Google Play Store & Apple App Store
- OneClickDigital – Google Play Store & Apple App Store
- Zinio Magazines – Google Play Store & Apple App Store – Please note: you must follow this link and establish an account with our Zinio portal, provided by Recorded Books. Once you check a magazine out, it will be available for download to the app after establishing an account with Zinio.
- Mango Languages – Google Play Store & Apple App Store – Please note: you want the Mango Languages for Libraries app, not the other app that is available. The other app is their commercial app and you would have to pay to use anything through that app.
Some of these services may not be available in the Amazon Kindle Fire app store as Amazon tightly controls what may or may not go into their store. As of last check, 3M Cloud Library and Zinio Magazines were not available through the Amazon App Store, but there is a workaround that can be found at the library website by clicking this link.