Today, the long debated legislation dealing with health care reform was signed into law by President Obama.
To help you better understand what this means and how it may affect you, we’ve listed a few resources where you can read, listen, and watch more about it.
- NPR (National Public Radio) – “Obama Signs Historic Health Care Legislation” / Read about the signing of the legislation and how the reform could affect you. / Here, you can also listen to President Obama’s remarks at the signing ceremony.
- The Washington Post – “What does the health care bill mean to me?” / This article contains an interactive tool that can help you determine how the reform might affect you.
- The New York Times – “Obama Signs Health Care Overhaul Bill, With A Flourish” / Coverage of today’s signing by President Obama / The page also has a link to “Prescriptions,” a blog from The New York Times that tracks the health care debate as it unfolds , as well as a Multimedia link.
- CNN (Cable News Network) – “Obama signs health care bill; Senate to take up House changes” / View video of the President signing the health care bill into law.
- FOXNews – “Obama Signs Landmark Health Insurance Overhaul Bill” / Coverage of today’s important event.