I was channel surfing the other day when I came across a television show about this extremely large and well-run family. I was happy to learn that there is a book about them. It is called The Duggars: 20 and Counting!: Raising One of America’s Largest Families – How They Do It. By Michelle & Jim Bob Duggar.
The book is a behind-the-scenes look at how the parents, Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar, efficiently and lovingly manage seventeen (soon to be eighteen) happy, home-schooled children.
The book is a wonderful collection of photographs, stories, recipes, tips, traditions, and practical ideas. It also answers the questions that most people ask:
1. Why do you have so many children?
2. How do you provide for your family financially?
3. How do you handle mealtimes? Transportation? Laundry? Birthdays?
4. How are your children so well-behaved?
5. Why do all your children have names that begin with the letter J?
This book is a tribute to love and commitment. It is also fun and inspiring. I think you will like it.
(The Fountaindale Public Library owns this book. To see about availability, please visit our online library catalog.)